These measures are formulated in accordance with theAdministrative Measures for Recruiting and Cultivating InternationalStudents in Schools (Decree No.42 of the Ministry of Education, theMinistry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Public Security) andthe Administrative Measures for Recruiting and CultivatingInternational Students in Zhongnan University of Economics and Law,and in combination with the actual situation of our university, inorder to further strengthen the construction of study style forinternational students in the university, standardize the leaveapplication of international students, and ensure the normaloperation of daily management work such as education and teaching ofinternational students.
Chapter I. Attendance in Class
1. International students study according to the schoolcalendar and enjoy the holidays of our country and the winter andsummer vacations of the university. Our university does not celebrateholidays of international students' home countries.
2. International students shall attend classes inaccordance with the courses and class hours stipulated in theteaching plan, and the teacher shall be responsible for attendance.Those who cannot attend for some reason must ask the teacher forleave. In class, one should consciously observe the classroomdiscipline, dress neatly, not be late, not leave early, not smoke,and not eat food.
3. The calculation method for international students'absence from class is as follows:
(1) Absence from school for entrance education andclassroom teaching shall be calculated according to the actual absenthours;
(2) Three times of being late for class and leavingearly within 15 minutes are counted as one class hour absent.
(3) One time of being late for class and leaving earlyfor more than 15 minutes will be counted as one class hour absent.
(4) Leave time should also be included in the absencetime.
4. If an international student has any of the followingcircumstances, his/her qualification for the course examination shallbe cancelled, and the result of the course shall be counted as zero:
(1) Failing to select courses within the prescribed timelimit;
(2) Class absenteeism rate exceeds 1/3;
(3) Failing to submit more than 1/3 of usual homework.
5. Those who have missed more than 8 hours of classes ina semester shall be given the following punishments respectively:
For 8 class hours, a warning will be given;
For 16 class hours, a serious warning will be given;
For 32 class hours, a demerit punishment will be given;
For more than 64 class hours, withdrawal or expulsionfrom school shall be imposed.
In addition to announcing and publicizing the abovedispositions to the parties concerned, the university will alsonotify in writing their diplomatic and representative office in Chinaor their domestic dispatching unit.
Chapter II. Leave System
1. International students must take part in all teachingactivities stipulated in the teaching plan on time, concentrate ontheir study, actively participate in various collective activities,and strive not to ask for leave or miss classes during their study inthe university.
2. If international students are unable to participatein the educational and teaching activities stipulated by theuniversity or leave the university for any reason, they must gothrough the leave formalities.
3. The reasons for asking for leave must be true, andthose who commit fraud must be criticized and educated. If the caseis serious, a disciplinary action will be taken.
4. International students shall strictly follow theprinciple of leave application, and the reason for leave must berealistic. Leave approval shall be made level by level in strictaccordance with the approval authority and procedures. Leave ofabsence for students at the Chinese learning stage shall be approvedby the International Education School; Leave of absence forundergraduate students shall be reported to the InternationalEducation School after the consent of the counselor of theirspecialized college and the approval of the leaders of thespecialized college. Leave of absence for graduate students andadvanced students shall be reported to the International EducationSchool after the consent of the instructors and the approval of theleaders of the specialized college.
(1) The leave taker shall submit a written applicationfor leave, stating the reason and time of leave, which shall bereviewed and signed according to the procedures.
(2) If the leave time is less than 2 classes, the leaveapplication shall be submitted to the teacher and the teachingsecretary of the specialized college or the International EducationSchool for examination and approval;
(3) If the leave time is less than 1 day, the leaveapplication shall be subject to the examination and approval ofcounselors of the International Education School, counselors orteachers of the specialized college.
(4) If the leave time is less than 3 days, the leaveapplication shall be submitted to the head of the InternationalStudents Office of the International Education School and thedirector of the Academic Affairs Office of the specialized collegefor examination and approval after being signed by counselors of theInternational Education School, counselors or instructors of thespecialized college.
(5) If the leave time is less than 5 days, the directorof the International Students Office of the International EducationSchool, the director and the teacher of the Academic Affairs Officeof the specialized college shall sign their opinions on the leaveapplication and then submit it to the leaders of the InternationalEducation School or the leaders of the specialized college forapproval.
(6) If the leave time exceeds 7 days, the leaders of theInternational Education School and the specialized college shall signan opinion on the leave application and submit it to the universityfor examination and approval.
Upon approval, the leave application shall be submittedto the International Education School for the record by theinternational student. Leave of absence must be approved before ittakes effect. For those who fail to take leave, or who fail to obtainleave approval, or who fail to submit the leave to the InternationalEducation School for filing, their absence shall be treated asabsenteeism.
5. During the course, those who take temporary leave dueto illness or business can ask for leave directly from the teacher inthe class. The teacher can decide whether to grant leave or notaccording to the specific situation. Those who ask for leave shall gothrough the leave formalities afterwards. Under other specialcircumstances, those who cannot ask for leave in advance for somereason shall also go through the leave formalities afterwards.
6. During the examination period, leave is generally notallowed. In case of special circumstances, leave formalities shall beperformed after the relevant deferred examination formalities arehandled in accordance with the relevant regulations of the AcademicAffairs Department and the School of Graduate Studies. Absence fromthe examination without approval shall be treated as exam exclusion.
7. Those who need to extend their leave shall explainthe reasons before the expiration of the leave period and apply forextension of leave with relevant certificates. If they cannot handleit in person, they may entrust others to handle it; otherwise, theirabsence shall be treated as absenteeism.
8. After the expiration of the leave time, the leavetaker must go to the International Education School and the Office ofthe specialized college to handle the leave cancellation formalitiesin time, otherwise the leave will be treated as absenteeism.Absenteeism is calculated according to the actual number of hours inclass if the leave is not cancelled or if the leave is not renewed.If cumulative absenteeism within one semester reaches certain classhours, it shall be handled according to relevant regulations ofattendance management.
9. Those who fail to take leave for more than two weeksafter the absence shall be deemed to have given up their schoolstatus automatically, and the university will notify the entry andexit department of Wuhan Public Security Bureau to cancel their legalresidence permit qualification.
10. If an international graduate student applies forgoing out for research because of writing a dissertation or forattending an academic conference, after the consent of the college,he/she shall fill in a leave slip and complete the leave applicationprocedure.
11. During the period of participating in collectiveactivities such as internship, competition and investigation outsidethe university, the discipline of internship shall be observed. Forthose who need to take leave due to special circumstances, the leaveapplication shall be approved by the internship unit or the leadingteacher.
12. International students shall take good care of theirpersonal belongings and be responsible for their personal safetyduring the leave period.